You’re a business owner, and you want your company to grow and thrive. The first thing you need is a website that your customers can leave reviews on. Reviews do a lot to drive traffic to or from your business so you want to make sure that you are handling both type of reviews correctly.
Improve Your Local SEO
The increased traffic to your website that positive reviews will create will improve your local search rankings, and this improvement can be dramatic. Many business owners feel that local SEO is far more important than general SEO. These are some of the most important things to keep in mind when it comes to the relationship between reviews and local SEO:
- It’s a good idea to choose keywords that people are likely to use when they are posting reviews on your website.
- Reviews were considered to be the top factor that affects SEO ranking during 2017, and reviews are expected to continue to be just as important.
- In order to ensure that reviews are likely to contribute to local SEO in a positive way, it’s important to make sure that customers are able to easily submit complaints to the company. Also, ensure that you respond to complaints properly, and do not blame the customer. Keep in mind that 57 percent of complaints have to do with poor customer service or employee behavior.
- In order to get the highest benefit from your reviews, you will need to claim your Google My Business listing. Not claiming the listing could result in a competitor claiming it, and that could result in substantial damage to your company’s reputation that may be difficult to recover from.
Reviews Affect Your Company’s Public Image
A positive review can determine if a visitor becomes a customer, and negative reviews can ruin your business. If people post good reviews of your business, your company might be able to compete with much larger competitors. Here are some of the most important aspects of your public image that are affected by reviews:
- If people mention you or your employees, it can benefit their individual images.
- If these reviews are working to your favor, you may find that customers are interested in speaking to you personally, which it may help to improve your image in the community.
- If your reviews discuss a variety of the services that you offer, you may find that people become interested in products or services that weren’t getting much attention in the past.
Reviews Shape the Image of Your Brand
Branding is essential for all business owners, and these are some of the most important aspects of your brand’s image that are likely to be affected by online reviews:
- One of the most important things that reviewers will mention is whether or not your product lasts over time, and most people are checking to see that a product is durable before they buy it.
- Positive reviews are likely to cause potential customers to begin to see your brand as a trend.
What’s the Best Way to Deal With Negative Reviews?
While there will always be negative reviews, there are also services that can diminish the effects of negative reviews. This is important since a single negative review on the first page of the search results can cause around a 25 percent reduction in the number of customers that you receive. Unfortunately, bad reviews tend to have a larger impact on customers than positive ones.
Services that mitigate the impact of negative reviews are able to do this by burying the bad information underneath positive content. In some cases, they may be able to get the negative information removed. Here are some things that you should keep in mind if you get a negative review:
- Always remain calm, and do not argue with the person who left the negative review.
- Read about how to handle negative reviews most effectively; there are plenty of online and offline resources.
- Be aware that a small percentage of customers will actually leave a negative review, but it’s still a significant number at 13 percent.
Paying close attention to trends on social media can help you to avoid negative reviews, or you can at least reduce the number of them. If you notice a dissatisfied customer due to negative information being posted on social networks, you may be able to change his or her opinion of your company before he or she actually leave a negative review.
If you are a business owner, you can never forget about your online reviews. They can truly make or break your company. Luckily, it’s possible to take steps to make your online reviews as appealing to potential customers as possible.